Adaptation training services include advice, counselling and training for the persons with disabilities and their families to support social capabilities. Adaptation training services can be organised individually or for groups. In some situations, the training can be organised in the home of the person with disabilities.
At discretion, the adaptation training services can include the following:
- supporting communication and communication methods
- support for mobility and the use of services
- training for independent living
- getting a driving licence
- training related to relationships and sexual matters
- support for social activity opportunities
The wellbeing services county of Southwest Finland offers this service starting from 1 January 2023.