Skip to main content

This website is under construction. We are continuously adding more information in English. We apologize for the inconvenience this might cause and thank you for your patience.

Changing health centres

Changing health care services

Everyone has their own health centre in their wellbeing services county. As a client of public health care, you can also choose which health centre you wish to use. You can choose the place for non-urgent care from the health centres in your wellbeing services county and also anywhere else in Finland.

You can change health centres in the Southwest Finland Wellbeing Services County in two ways:

  • By using the form on this page, to be delivered to a new health care service of your choice. You can also return the form by post. The mailing addresses are listed on this page under the heading "Postal addresses".
  • By using an informal notification directly to a new health centre or through the service to the Southwest Finland Wellbeing Services County (section E-services). The notification must include the following information: full name of person changing health centres, personal identity code, address, telephone number, current health centre, and the health centre from which you want to get non-urgent health care services in the future.

Please note the following matters:

  • You can have an appointment at your new health centre at the latest three weeks after the notification was received. 
  • Be prepared to prove your identity with a passport or a photo ID when having an appointment at your new health centre for the first time.
  • You can change health centres at most once a year.
  • Family members can be clients of different health centres. The children's health centre will not change automatically when the guardians’ health centre changes, and a separate notification is therefore required of each family member. The notification concerning a minor child requires the consent/signature of both custodians.
  • If necessary, the service can also be provided from a service point other than your own health centre.